Monday 13 June 2011

Sensitivity

I am naturally a sensitive person. I cry everytime when my cats died. I cry for sad stories, romantic stories and for lot of other stories. Hhmn..... maybe I'm just being too sensitive but I believe it's help me to be sensitive and caring towards the patient I cared for and also towards my profession.

My profession? I am a nurse.

People say that as we grow older, we become more sensitive. Easily touched by any news, more sympathetic, more empathetic and supposedly more sensitive toward others feeling. How true is the saying? Can't really agree with it.

Why not? I don't know. I don't think it's true nowadays. What people said those days doesn't seem to be applicable any more. I feel that people are less sensitive nowadays. The higher the position, the less sensitive they become. The more exposure they have, the less sensitive they become. The more people they know, the less sensitive they become. Doesn't matter how old they are, they become more and more INSENSITIVE.

How do people becomes insensitive? I'm also wondering. Especially when they were a nurse themselves. They are suppose to be the caring people with a sensitive heart. That is how they manage to feel or to understand other peoples feeling but they simply lost their skill to sympathize and empathize. They tend to preach more things that they don't do rather the things that they suppose to do.  They tend to start the sentence by " I understand ........" but never want to understand anything or " I know ........" but doesn't know a drop of your problem. They always compare who  they are now with people who's still trying to be at where they are now. They can't really see how other people struggle to achieve something. They only see themselves as the achievers and others as the failures.

Some of this is the people around you. You know them and feel that they are not being sensitive to your feelings or to your need. They just order or instruct you to do things. You feel hurt and angry but you'll just swallow it because you know, to change them is just like moving a mountain. On top of that, they don't feel what you feel.

Everyday, I thank Allah for who I am. Pray to be a better person everyday. Pray to have this sensitive heart as long a I live. Thank you to all my friends for being around and for reminding me for who I am. To all, please be sensitive to others. Think of what you are going to say to your friends, colleague, families and others.

 Please, please and please prevent yourself from becoming INSENSITIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment