Friday 19 August 2011

First impression

It only takes seven second to make a first impression.

I always remind my students about how important a first impression is but it doesn't seems to stick into the mind of this new generation. As a professional, I always try to look as professional as I can but I love to dress up anyway.

People do judge you from what you are wearing. They may who you are from what and how your wear. As for me, I know people do look and judge me from what I'm wearing  or even with the colour of my dress because they do make a comment about what I'm wearing. I don't really mind about it because it reminds me to always look at myself and to dress properly. So, dressing up is one of the important aspect of how our day will be.

Today, I saw few students came to the class with faded, crumpled jeans with non-ironed T-shirt and slippers. Looking at that kind of dress up ............what will be your first impression? Me ....... ? I would say .... they look like they are working at the night market . They don't even look like a student to me. Just imagine, they are the people who are going to be a nurse. A person who's going to take care of other people ......????

Maybe, you would say that I'm just being old fashioned. Not keeping myself up to date. Yes ! Maybe I am an old fashion person. (I'm getting old anyway). I don't care what people wan't to say about my choice of fashion  but I do believe, we must dress according to the situation and occasion. Doesn't matter how up to date you are, you must still follow the rules, the culture and the norms. If you are a student, then portray yourself as a student. If you are going to be a professional, then learn how to dress like one. Do not give the chance for other people to put the negative impression on you.

Please, please ..... take care of yourself. Always try to put a good or positive impression on yourself. People might not know you but from the way you look, they might want to get to know you or might not want to know you at all. And the thing is, people will only get to know you after they see you. So, make sure that they see you well, have a nice thought about you and want to get to know you.

So, first impression counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment