Thursday 14 July 2011

Less is more

Yes ..... less is more but not to say that you should work less for more things to achieve. Of course you have to work more to gain more but I'm just going to give my view on what I think about less is more.

Yesterday, a friend showed me a nice photo that has won some prizes for best photo award. Yes, I do think it is a nice photo but I'm not really fond of it. Why? Because from my view, it has too much stuff , too many ideas were put into a piece a picture. Too stuffy. Just my opinion.

Personally, I like something simple but nice. I feel that my life is already complicated. I believe in making things simple. Not to complicate yourself and other people. I believe in making thing simple will also help other people to understand more on what we are trying to say or to present. We shouldn't distract other people attention from what we want to show them.

Maybe, because I am a nurse and also as an educator now. Most of the time I'm practising the principle of teaching ...... making it simple for other people to understand but I also think that this principle apply to lot of activities in our life. For example, in the arts of putting make-up ..... just see how the emphasize is on a certain part of the face and not on all over the face. If the person is trying to emphasize on the eyes, then she'll put a little extra colours on the eyes but all the other areas will have a minimal make-up and she'll look pretty. It goes the same with how we dress. You do not wear stripes, ruffles and checkers at the same time ..... do you? Or you'll look like a christmas tree. 

Of course people are different. We are individual. We have different views and values. There's nothing wrong of expressing yourself in your way. It may look complicated to others but maybe not for you. It's your choice and other people have their own choice but we must remember that we live together with other people in this world. Making things simple for others .... may lead to a our simple life.

Doesn't matter how much jewellery we have, we don't have to wear it all at one time. Doesn't matter how beautiful we want to be, we don't have to put all the make-up on the face. Doesn't matter how much ideas we have, we don't have to bring it out all at a time. What I'm trying to say is just that ..... LESS IS MORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment